The myth that our body thrives on food alone has long been busted. The proper period of undisturbed sleep does not back a healthy diet; our body would remain tired all the time.
It is during those particular hours of rest that the body carries out the much-needed repair work along with rebuilding. Maximum growth also happens during these hours, and that is why they become special hours for our body. As parents, we watch our children all the time, and we do fret if the child does not get proper sleep. The ideal sleep hours required by a child is at least 9 hours and then take away an hour as the child grows.
Sleep disorders affect not just your child’s growth, but it can also have an adverse effect on all spheres of his/her life.
Some of the negatives effects brought on by lack of sleep:
- Injuries and accidents
- Reaction becomes slow
- Mood swings and behaviour problems
- Poor performance
- Memory becomes poor
- Comprehension skills suffer which affects learning
- Conflict with others
If your child shows any of the following signs you need to be on guard:
- Pauses in breathing while sleeping
- Problems with undisturbed sleep through the night
- Has difficulty staying awake during the day
- Academic performance slips for no apparent reason
- Has nightmares or sleepwalks
- Has trouble falling asleep
These can be signals of different sleep disorders:
Obstructive Sleep apnea syndrome—-breathing problems during sleep
Restless leg syndrome—strange feelings in legs
Periodic limb movement—jerking movement of the body parts leads to disturbed sleep
Parasomnia— Group of nighttime sleep problems like sleep terrors, confusional arousal, sleepwalking or talking, nightmares. This may even run in families.
The child is sleepy during the day and muscles may grow to slack all of a sudden making the child fall.
Narcolepsy—a neurological disorder, brain unable to control the desire to sleep—child will be extremely sleepy during the day.
Nocturnal seizures— can happen just before sleep, during sleep or after waking up. The body might not jerk as much, but yes this is also one of the reasons for disturbed sleep. It is a rare disorder
Insomnia— a child finds it difficult to fall asleep or hard to go back to sleep once disturbed—leads to behaviour problems, anxiety and depression.
Delayed sleep phase syndrome—problem with internal body clock also known as circadian rhythm-controls sleep times of the body—can be trained and changed
Excessive daytime sleepiness— child finds it difficult to stay awake during the day
You must take these steps to help your child:
- Establish regular bedtime —do not allow variations
- Make a relaxing bedtime routine
- No caffeine, chocolates or any energy-giving drink before bedtime
- Keep the bedroom dark and set comfortable temperature.
- No electronic gadgets 2 hours before bedtime.
- Avoid large meals at dinner time
- Infants and toddlers should be put to bed when they are tired, rather than once they are asleep as a change of place disturbs the child’s sleep.
Take all these steps and make Soja-k a part of your child’s regimen:
Soja-k from Bagdara Farms is specially created to soothe and calm your child and ensure your child gets a good night’s sleep.
- Soja-k is rich in Curcumin one of nature’s most precious gifts with pharmacological and therapeutic properties.
- Curcumin enhances the production of dopamine and serotonin and inhibits melatonin which ensures that your child gets a good night’s undisturbed and uninterrupted sleep.
- Soja-k is specially formulated to remove stress and anxiety which helps your child sleeps better.
- Owing to the powerhouse anti-oxidant property of curcumin the oxidative stress is reduced as it kills free radicals, with stress taken care of your child can sleep better.
- Soja-k is rich in minerals like magnesium and potassium which works wonders in relaxing the child’s muscles thus promoting sound sleep. This, in turn, ensures good growth of your child.
- At times even allergies prevent your child from getting the much required uninterrupted sleep the anti-septic and anti-biotic property of curcumin kick out the allergies and their effects, thus helping your child get relaxed sound sleep.
- With its powerful anti-inflammatory action curcumin in Soja-k inhibits all forms of inflammation making it possible for your child to sleep peacefully through the night.
Your child’s immunity gets the much-needed boost due to the immune-modulatory action of Curcumin.
With the aid of Soja-k, your child gets to have the much-needed rest, and you can watch your precious darling grow beautifully and do well in all spheres of life.