SWEETENED HEALTH WITH A HINT OF SPICE
With a plethora of chemical compounds present in it, medicinal turmeric is often called an incredible spice.
The active compound of medicinal turmeric – curcumin is what lends natural support in fighting several diseases.
In addition to healing and rejuvenating, medicinal turmeric has number of other health benefits too and one of which is fighting against Type 2 Diabetes! Several studies have revealed that medicinal turmeric is a boon for those with Type 2 Diabetes.
What Is Type 2 Diabetes?
It is a condition in which cells are unable to use blood sugar (glucose) capably for energy. This takes place when the cells become unresponsive to insulin and the blood sugar gradually increases and goes high.
Few Ways How Curcumin Helps Control Type 2 Diabetes
The health of type 2 diabetes patients significantly depends on lifestyle and diet changes.
Adding turmeric to your diet may delay the onset or development of diabetes.
Medicinal turmeric with the goodness of curcumin is a powerful
(1) antioxidant with (2) cardio-protective, (3) anti-inflammatory, (4) anti-microbial, (5) nephro-protective, (6) anti-neoplastic, (7) hepato-protective, (8) immunomodulatory, (9) hypoglycemia, (10) anti-hyperglycaemic, and (11) anti-rheumatic effects,
Which is a boon for any person suffering from Type 2 Diabetes.
- Curcumin delays the development of diabetes and improves β-cell functions, prevents β-cell death, and decreases insulin resistance.
- The anti-hyperglycaemic and anti-hyperlipidaemic effect of curcumin has been established as it helps in breaking the fat accumulation which to a certain extent is responsible for the blood sugar levels going out of whack in our system. Curcumin in medicinal turmeric helps to prevent fatty deposits in the blood vessels of your body. Medicinal turmeric also curtails the growth of fatty tissue in your organs. Adding medicinal turmeric to your diet can help you sustain a healthy weight and evade the complications of type 2 diabetes when the disease is accompanied by obesity. Medicinal turmeric prevents obesity-induced diabetes.
- Curcumin in medicinal turmeric diminishes blood glucose, biomarkers of liver and kidney damage, improved lipid profile, and hepatic antioxidants levels.
Curcumin rich medicinal turmeric supplements
Dwindled hyperglycaemia and vascular inflammation through the inhibition of MCP-1, IL-6, HbA1c, TNF-α and lipid peroxidation.
Studies have also revealed that curcumin can increase insulin sensitivity through subsiding glycemia and dyslipidaemia.
- Hailed as an anti-inflammatory, Curcumin in medicinal turmeric curbs the actions of white blood cells called macrophages, which are responsible for inflammation. This action of medicinal turmeric armed with curcumin could potentially thwart complications associated with type 2 diabetes, in which inflammation is the notorious factor.
- Curcumin is a known antioxidant. Molecules called ROS (reactive oxygen species) can cause harm to the blood vessels and other organs of our body especially in people suffering from type 2 diabetes. Curcumin bravely scavenges out ROS from the body, consequently shielding healthy cells from oxidation.
Medicinal Turmeric also shields your kidneys. Impaired kidney function caused by type 2 diabetes is called diabetic nephropathy.
Studies revealed that about 500mg of curcumin everyday could stop the development of type 2 diabetes induced kidney disease.
The Crux Of The Matter
Capture the freshness of medicinal turmeric and make it a part of your life to add a golden shine to your health. If you want to start taking curcumin, just make sure it’s an adequate dose, that it’s from a manufacturer you trust, and you know what is actually in it. Although this may be difficult, in times when the market is over crowded with curcumin supplements in every shelf.
Sugeric from Bagdara Farms is a safe option to start with; its organic, 100% natural and safe. It contains no chemicals and pesticides which may cause any harm to your health. So don’t take too long to give your health a kick start with medicinal turmeric.