Hepatitis C is a form of liver infection in which the liver is attacked by a virus commonly known as the HCV. The result of this is inflammation that can cause a lot of agony to the patient. In its initial phases, although, Hepatitis C shows no symptom which is why most Hepatitis C patients do not realize for the longest time that they are suffering from such a disease. This period of unknowing neglect can go on for quite some time. However, after a few years the following symptoms may show up:
- Stomach ache
Chronic Hepatitis C leads to deadlier conditions like cirrhosis, liver scarring and cancer of the liver.
Major causes of Hepatitis C are as follows:
- The use of infected needles i.e. administration of drugs intravenously using needles that have been used on an infected patient before.
- Transfusion of untested infected blood to a healthy body.
- Organ transplants from an infected body to a healthy one.
- Body alterations in the form of body tattoos using unsterilized equipment.
- Transmission from mother to child during the gestation period or during delivery.
- Sexual intercourse with an infected person.
Curcumin for Hepatitis C prevention and treatment:
Curcumin is a wonder spice that has, in recent times, attained the title of super-healer and rightfully so because it exhibits several magical properties like being an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antimicrobial and anti-cancer substance. It has for the longest time been the chief substance used in Ayurveda to bring relief in skin ailments, liver diseases etc.
In today’s world especially since there is so much stress on reducing the use of chemicals and being cautious of the composition of the medical drugs you are being prescribed, alternate forms of therapy are very much in vogue. Keeping with this trend, curcumin has become very popular as a substance that has multipurpose medicinal properties because of which it can help alleviate all sorts of infections and inflammation caused by them.
Curcumin has also been found to be very useful in the prevention and treatment of Hepatitis C in the following ways:
- Curcumin affects the fluidity of the Hepatitis C virus thus negatively impacting the viral binding and fusion.
- Curcumin stops the transmission of the Hepatitis C virus from one cell to another.
- Curcumin works efficiently with other antiviral drugs helping them to speed up the recovery process.
- Curcumin brings down the resultant inflammation which leads to lesser discomfort for the patient.
- The anti-cancer properties shown by curcumin help in keeping liver cancer at bay. Chronic Hepatitis C can lead to liver cancer if left untreated for long. Curcumin brings down the chances of this to a minimum.
Introduction of curcumin in their diet helps patients suffering from Hepatitis C tremendously. Curcumin supplements work best when taken with a pinch of black pepper since the piperine found in black pepper helps in increasing the bioavailability of curcumin which, in simpler terms, means that piperine helps in making sure that the curcumin ingested is absorbed as much as possible by the body.
Bagdara Farms in Katni, Madhya Pradesh is a pristine stretch of farmland nestled in the womb of the Bandhavgarh jungles. Here, in the lap of nature, the best quality organic turmeric is grown which is then processed to form curcumin rich supplements.
Undoubtedly from the heart of a land where the soil is naturally enriched and the air is pure and free of pollutants, comes turmeric that is of such superior quality that it can be used with no fears regarding its purity or chemical-free nature. One of the supplements produced at Bagdara Farms is Livturm – a perfect remedy for all kinds of liver related diseases especially like Hepatitis C.
Typically the allopathic medicines recommended to fight Hepatitis C have numerous side-effects like frequent headaches, diarrhea, nausea, oral ulcers etc. To avoid having to suffer the symptoms of the disease itself along with the side effects of the drugs prescribed to get rid of Hepatitis C, it is of critical importance for people susceptible to liver disease to proactively take Livturm so that their liver is shielded from diseases like Hepatitis C.
So, if you are suffering from liver problems for some time now, please get yourself tested for Hepatitis C and also start taking Livturm so that your liver can regain the strength that it has lost while perhaps battling silently against the HCV monster.
Click here for more details : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28974891