When anyone has a seizure people tend to make their own attempts to diagnose and treat the individual in the throes of the seizure. This tendency just reflects how ill-informed people are of this very common neurological disorder.
This article is an attempt at understanding Epilepsy better and also looking at the best possible way to treat it.
What is Epilepsy?
- Epilepsy is a chronic disorder, the hallmark of which is recurrent, unprovoked seizures due to sudden rush of electrical activity in the brain.
- The most common confusion is taking a seizure as a sign of Epilepsy.
- A seizure is just a symptom of a problem and Epilepsy is a disorder with recurrent seizures.
- It is the 4th most common neurological disorder which can affect people at any age. It is characterized by seizures and can have a lasting impact on other parts of the body.
- The biggest challenge is to the ill-informed public as it can prove detrimental at times.
- Seizure because of this medical condition may be related to brain injury or tendency in the family though in most cases the cause is completely unknown.
Types of seizures:
Mainly of two kinds,
- Generalized which affect the entire brain.
- Focal or partial seizure which affect a part of the brain.
Symptoms of Epilepsy:
The symptoms vary from person to person and the strongest one being a seizure. Symptoms vary according to the kind of the seizure.
Seizures are the main symptom of epilepsy. Symptoms differ from person to person and according to the type of seizure.
- Focal or partial seizures
- This kind does not involve loss of consciousness, but there may be changes in sense of taste, smell, sight or hearing.
- One may feel dizzy and tingling sensations in the limbs.
- Complex partial seizures
This kind involves loss of awareness or consciousness, staring blankly, not responding and repeating the same movement.
- Generalized seizures
- This kind involves the whole brain and is of six different kinds.
- May lead to staring blankly, repeated movements and some loss of awareness.
- Another type may lead to muscle stiffness ( Tonis Seizure)
- Loss of muscle control.( Atonic Seizure)
- Repeated jerky movement of face. Neck and arms ( Clonic Seizures)
What triggers an epileptic seizure?
The most common triggers are:
- Lack of sleep
- Strong flashing lights or patterns
- High fever
- Reaction to medicines, drugs, alcohol or even caffeine
- Eating habits or certain food items.
What causes Epilepsy?
There could be a myriad reasons causing Epilepsy but the most common are listed below:
- Serious brain injury
- High fever
- Brain tumour or Cyst
- Lack of oxygen to the brain.
- Material drug abuse
- Dementia or Alzheimer
- Pre-natal or birth injury
How to identify a trigger?
- The simplest and the most effective way are to maintain a journal.
- Make a note of every small detail after every seizure.
- Keeping this record will help you identify the trigger and help take preventive measures.
There is no known cure for Epilepsy but there is help in the form of Nuramin from Bagdara Farms which is the most effective way of managing Epilepsy.
Nuramin works because of its very high curcumin content. The anti- oxidant property of Curcumin in Nuramin decreases the oxidation damage caused due to any chemical activity in the brain.
- The moment an individual is able to identify the first symptoms of Epilepsy one must instantly begin using Nuramin as studies have shown that curcumin pre-treatment reduces the chances of seizures, controls loss and damage of brain cells (reduces it considerably).
- It also checks the imbalance between pro-oxidant and anti-oxidant agents in the body.
- Curcumin attenuates frequency and severity of seizures and also protects brain functions like cognition.
- Curcumin in Nuramin is anticonvulsant and anti-oxidant and has therapeutic qualities for status epileptics.
- Curcumin enhances cognitive dysfunction and oxidative stress which happens during status epilepticus
Curcumin in Nuramin reduces oxidative stress by restoring the anti-oxidant enzymes. This prevents any progression towards seizures.
- Curcumin in Nuramin not only retards the onset of seizures but also reduces the severity of a seizure.
- Being nature’s most powerful anti-oxidant, Curcumin is the best anticonvulsant owing to this property.
Curcumin prevents seizures by interacting with various biochemical pathways.
- Curcumin not only increases the seizure threshold but it also protects the brain from any damage which is most likely due to Epilepsy.
- Curcumin acts as a neuro-protector by modulating the acid content. This not only makes it a powerful anti-epileptic but also protects the brain from any damage by nitric oxide as it can cause major oxidative damage.
Curcumin in Nuramin regulates the performance of the neurotransmitters thus bettering the response to any brain or neurological damage.
If you are on any epileptic drugs and are battling the side-effects like fatigue, heartburn of gastrointestinal troubles then all the more reason to order your bottle of Nuramin to arm yourself against these ill-effects. Curcumin in Nuramin is known for its gastro-protective property and this will help fight any and all side-effects of these anti-epileptic drugs.
Delay no more, order your very own bottle of Nuramin and manage your Epilepsy without any worries of side-effects as Nuramin is 100% organic, pesticide free and is high in Curcumin which prevents any kind of cognitive damage and protects your brain.
Click here to know more details : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28778407