The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped gland which is present on the base of the neck that makes hormones that regulate the metabolism. Metabolism is the process by which our body utilises the energy for various activities like the rate at which the body uses fats and carbohydrates, control body temperature and help in the production of essential proteins. Hypothyroid is a health condition that occurs when the thyroid gland does not produce enough hormones. The hormones produced by thyroid gland are triiodothyronine (T3) and tetraiodothyronine (T4). The lack of this hormone scan produces some ill effects on the body as it upsets the normal balance of chemical reactions in the body.
More is the deficiency of the hormone, the higher the severity of the symptoms. The symptoms of hypothyroidism can go unnoticed initially because it can be as simple as fatigue or weight gain. Over a period, as the metabolism tends to become slower, the signs and symptoms become more apparent.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
- Very dry skin and thinning of hair
- sensitivity to cold
- excessive weight gain and puffy face
- muscle weakness accompanied by muscle stiffness, pain and tenderness
- depression and impaired memory; difficulty in concentrating
- irregular or heavier than normal periods
- high blood cholesterol levels
Advanced hypothyroidism leads to a condition called myxedema which is rare but can become life-threatening. The symptoms of myxedema are low blood pressure, decreased breathing and body temperature, unresponsiveness which can ultimately lead to coma or death.
Although this condition is most common in middle-aged and older women, infants who are born without a thyroid gland suffer from congenital hypothyroidism. They have symptoms of jaundice, constipation, sizeable protruding tongue, puffy face and frequent choking. If left untreated, it can lead to severe intellectual and physical disabilities. Some young children and teens can also suffer from hypothyroidism and can experience poor growth, delayed puberty and mental growth.
Hypothyroidism can be Caused due to Some Reasons like:
- Autoimmune disease- An autoimmune disease is a condition in which the immune system of an individual starts attacking its cells. At times, the cells of the thyroid gland can be attacked by the immune system. Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is one such condition that has hypothyroidism as its primary symptom.
- Thyroid surgery and radiation therapy- If a part or the whole of the thyroid gland is removed, then it can halt the thyroid production. Similarly, radiation used to treat head and neck cancer can lead to hypothyroidism.
- Certain medications– Some of the medicines like lithium used to treat psychiatric disorders can cause hypothyroidism.
- Treatments for hyperthyroidism- Patients of hyperthyroidism are treated with radioactive iodine to normalise the thyroid function. In some cases, this can result in permanent hypothyroidism.
- Pituitary disorder- Pituitary gland is a pea-sized gland which is present in the brain and controls the activity of the thyroid gland by producing stimulating thyroid hormone. A benign tumour of the thyroid gland can cause hypothyroidism.
- Pregnancy– Few women are affected by hypothyroidism during or after pregnancy as they produce antibodies against their thyroid gland. It can lead to miscarriages, preeclampsia and also change the development of the foetus if left untreated.
The process of diagnosis of hypothyroidism includes blood tests and regular screening.
Bagdara Farms has come to the rescue of patients suffering from hypothyroidism by coming up with a product called Thyromeric. It has the goodness of curcumin and turmerone which have multi-therapeutic properties like:
- Known for its anti-inflammatory properties, curcumin acts on pro-inflammatory enzymes like COX and LOX, thus controlling inflammation and providing natural relief from thyroid disorders.
- Curcumin has been found to be an effective antioxidant in hypothyroidism.
- Many studies have also shown that curcumin and turmerone can stimulate the production of thyroid hormones which benefits the patients of hypothyroidism, especially the younger ones.
- Hypothyroidism can also be caused due to certain autoimmune conditions as mentioned above. Curcumin has excellent immunomodulatory action and prevents the occurrence of Hashimoto’s disease that can cause hypothyroidism.
- Turmerone and curcumin sensitise the thyroid gland cells to the action of radioactive iodine used in the treatment of hypothyroidism.
The Recommended Dosage of Thyromeric to Treat Hypothyroid :
For ten years and above:
- Mix ½ tsp Thyromeric, ½ tsp lemon juice and a cup of boiling water. Add honey to taste and take it twice a day.
- Take hot water, ½ tsp Thyromeric, ¼ tsp black pepper, ¼ tsp virgin coconut oil and mix all of them well. Drink this twice daily.
- Take a small saucepan and add ½ tsp Thyromeric, ½ tsp ginger, ½ lemon juice, black pepper and 1 ½ cups of water. Boil all the ingredients for a few minutes and strain it. Add honey to taste and drink it twice a day.
Buy Thyromeric and Treat Hypothyroid Naturally.