I have a two-year-old child, and I know how tough it is to put a hyperactive toddler to bed. For one thing, it seems as though toddlers are given a never-ending supply of energy that they can draw from at any time. Using this pool of energy their ever fertile imaginations conjure up all sorts of mischiefs and silliness that they have a compulsive urge to put into practice right away. I think I speak for tired mothers all around the world when I say that the ultimate dream is to have a child who can sleep well through the night as well as a few hours in the afternoon too. Isnt? It is such a challenging task to make your toddler sleep through the night.
Jokes aside, it is very important for children to sleep well because a restful and relaxed sleep is essential for the overall development of a child’s body and mind. In fact, children require much more sleep than adults since their bodies are continually developing. For instance, according to doctors, a toddler needs 11 to 14 hours of sleep per day and children between 3 to 5 years of age need at least 10 to 13 hours of sleep per day.
In toddlers sleep disorders are common especially because this is the age in which nightmares begin to make an appearance. Toddlers are also increasingly hungry to gain independence in every action as their motor skills, and cognitive abilities are ever developing. This makes them hyperactive and less likely to sleep properly. This is why it gets challenging for mothers to find solutions that will help lull their little busy bees into a deep and restful sleep.
Some recommendations to make your toddler sleep through the night:-
- Introducing a security object like a favorite blanket or a favorite stuffed toy to chase nightmares away and give a sense of safety helps in keeping nightmares away.
- Enforcing a strict ‘lights-off’ schedule helps in forming a habit of going to bed and drifting to sleep at a particular hour everyday day.
- Creating a peaceful environment in the bedroom at night will help in slowly relaxing the toddler and giving his body signals that bedtime is soon approaching.
- A curcumin supplement can be given with warm milk and honey to lull your toddler to sleep gently.
Curcumin is a natural phytochemical that is the principal constituent of turmeric. It is lauded for its long list of healing properties. Curcumin is being used as a medicinal spice since ancient times because there is veracity in the fact that Curcumin can help resolve any form of physical and mental illness.
In case of childhood insomnia, curcumin can help as follows:
- Chronic inflammation is one of the leading reasons for sleep disorders. In children, chronic inflammation can be quite a bit of a problem since toddlers seem to pick up all forms of infection from play dates and daycares. Ear infections and bouts of influenza are as common as winter rains. Some toddlers continue to suffer from teething aches and pains as well as colic. All of these conditions mess with a child’s sleep pattern leading to insomnia.
- Curcumin with anti-inflammatory properties that help in alleviating chronic inflammation by suppressing the activity of pro-inflammatory enzymes and proteins in the body. As a result, children who regularly consume curcumin tend to sleep much better than those who don’t.
- Curcumin possesses potent anti-microbial properties that help in keeping all forms of bacterial, fungal and viral infections at bay. Additionally, curcumin enhances the body’s immunity by improving metabolism and exerting a detoxifying effect on the body. All of this helps in keeping a toddler fit and healthy thus ensuring that he sleeps well. Sleeping well, in turn, ensures that the body stays healthy.
- Curcumin enhances the production of neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin that relax the body and elevate the mood. These chemicals help a child’s body to wind down and prepare itself to go to bed.
- The antioxidant properties of curcumin help in keeping the oxidative stress in the body to a minimum. This helps in keeping the body healthy. An imbalance in pro-oxidant species and antioxidant species can pave the way for diseases and lowered immunity. Curcumin can negate this by maintaining an optimum balance between both these species.
How Can Soka-k Help to make your toddler sleep through the night?
Soja-k is a fantastic supplement created by Bagdara Farms especially for children who have insomnia. It is made using curcumin that is grown at Bagdara Farms that uses the best organic farming techniques. This ensures that the curcumin produced is 100% pure and natural and can be consumed by children and adults alike. The rich curcumin composition of Soja-k can help insomniac toddlers fall asleep quickly and throughout the night. Mixed with warm milk, honey and just a pinch of cinnamon, Soja-k makes for a very relaxing night drink that has the magical ability to gently nudge a child into a land of happy dreams and relaxation.