Research and statistics say that every minute a person dies of heart disease. That sounds unbelievable but it is the truth by the end of the day. The cardiovascular system is one of the most important organ systems of the body which consists of the heart and blood vessels (arteries, veins, and capillaries). The main function of this magnificent organ system is to supply each and every cell in the body with blood. Cardiovascular or heart disease is the name given to various conditions that can adversely affect the proper functioning of the heart.
Some Of The Major Types Of Heart Diseases Are As Follows:
- Coronary artery disease– The main function of the coronary arteries is to supply blood to the heart muscles and this disease is caused due to the excessive build-up of plaque on the walls of the artery which may eventually decrease the blood flow by blocking the artery.
- Valvular heart disease– Valves are flap-like structures present in between the chambers of the heart which prevent the backflow of the blood. Valvular heart diseases are caused when there is a disruption in the way the function of the valve.
- Cardiomyopathy– Arises on the basis o how the heart muscles squeeze and pump the blood.
- Arrhythmias or the heart rhythm disturbances that affect the electrical conduction.
- Heart attack-Also called a myocardial infarction, it occurs when the oxygen supply to the heart is cut off and the heart muscles begin to die.
- Cardiac arrest is the sudden and unexpected loss of heart function, breathing, and consciousness. It happens due to the electrical disturbances in the heart which can disrupt the pumping action thus, restricting the flow of blood to the different parts of the body.
- Aneurysm- This is a condition wherein the walls of the artery become weak and begin to form an abnormal bulge. This bulge, in turn, can rupture and cause internal bleeding. Blockages and fatty deposits on the walls of the artery can cause an aneurysm.
There Are Many Symptoms Of Heart Disease Depending On The Typical Condition But Some Of The Common Ones Are As Follows:
- Cold sweat
- Dyspnea or shortness of breathe
- Pain or pressure in the chest
- Radiating pain from the chest to the arms and neck
- Irregular heartbeat
- Some people may also experience symptoms like indigestion and exercise intolerance.
There Can Be Many Causes Of Heart Diseases Like:
- Lifestyle factors like smoking and high blood pressure, minimal physical activity
- Diabetes can cause the inflammation of the coronary lining and plaque build-up
- Structural problems in the heart when a child is born
- Certain kinds of infections. Recent studies have shown that the bacteria in the mouth can also cause various types of heart diseases.
What Are The Risk Factors Of Heart Diseases?
- Radiation therapy
- Lack of sleep
- Diets rich in fats and carbohydrates
- High blood cholesterol
- Air pollution
- Chronic Obstructive pulmonary disorder
Patients can have a combination of cardiovascular risk factors like high blood cholesterol, diabetes, and obesity.
One cannot begin to imagine the number of medicines that need to be taken to control all the above-stated heart diseases. A wonder product called Cardimin from Bagdara Farms which is rich in phytochemicals called curcumin and turmerone has the potency to tackle all the heart conditions to a large extent.
- Calcium homeostasis means the proper balance of calcium levels in the body and a slight disrupt in this can affect the cardiac function. Curcumin comes into action and maintains the balance of calcium levels which can prevent aneurysm.
- Curcumin has the ability to protect the heart from cardiotoxicity arising due to chemotherapy, cardiac hypertrophy, and congenital heart disease.
- Being a rich antioxidant, curcumin can also protect the heart from atherosclerosis; diabetes-related heart disease, and obesity-induced cardiac surgery.
- Turmerone and curcumin can also reduce inflammation and repair the damaged cells after a heart attack.
- The immunomodulatory function of curcumin can benefit in the treatment of myocarditis.
- Curcumin improves the endothelial dysfunction caused due to the impaired health of blood vessels.
- Clot formation can be lethal in any case. Curcumin has great anti platelet activity and acts as an effective agent against thrombosis or clot formation.
- Curcumin also helps to prevent the plaque formation and is thus helpful in preventing coronary artery disease.
- As a boon for patients with high blood pressure, curcumin acts on various enzymes that regulate the blood pressure and also help in bringing it down. It also acts miraculously in lowering the cholesterol levels.
- The antioxidant property of curcumin comes into play while protecting the heart from aging.